Church of Madonna dei Cappuccini
In the year 1574 Marquise Lucrezia Vitelli Fregoso, wishing to welcome the order of Capuchin Friars to her fief, donated to the Superiors of the order the necessary land and money to found a convent. The church was consecrated in 1577 and dedicated to St Antony of Padua.
It is recorded that the Madonna painted by Angelo Angeloni of Pennabilli moved her eyes in 1796 and in 1850. In one of the side altars there is a fine painting attributed to Il Guercino, and in the sacristy can be seen a fine piece of Urbino ceramic ware dating from the sixteenth century.
how to get there:
located in the historic core.
Car parking: piazza del Mercato – piazza Garibaldi – piazza Fabbri - via XXV Aprile and the square in front of the Convent
Opening hoursOpening period: open all year round
|from 07:00 to 19:00|