Convent of Sant' Igne
The convent dates from the thirteenth century and was reputedly founded by St Francis of Assisi. In the little church is preserved a section of the trunk of the elm tree, cut down in 1662, under which St Francis preached to Brother Leo.
There is a simple cloister next to the Church, and on the eastern side is found the Chapter House, its two trilobate windows in the Gothic style typical of Franciscan architecture.
for information please contact the tourist office of St. Leo tel 0541 916306 or the parish tel. 0541 923034
how to get there:
Sant’Igne is located just 2 Km from the historic core of San Leo