Sanctuary of the Madonna di Bonora
A short distance from the village is the most famous sanctuary dedicated to Our Lady in the diocese of Rimini. Its origins can be traced back to the work of a lay hermit, Ondidei di Bonora.
In a will drawn up in 1409, he left his property and the chapel in which he had commissioned an image of The Virgin Suckling her Child to the Franciscan tertiary. The sanctuary, which was completely renovated in the early 20th-century, developed around this miraculous image of Our Lady that dominates the main altar. The sacristy is of particular interest as it houses an extensive variety of ex voto, evidence of the deep popular devotion to this site.
Accessible to disabled guests.
Opening hoursOpening period: open all year round
|from 08:00 to 18:00|