Collegiate Church San Martino
The interior is decorated in Baroque and Renaissance styles, and was originally all sky-blue and white, with gold decorations. In the Collegiate church, some different altarpieces and fournishings from churches in Verucchio have been collected; of these, tha canvas of the high altar is noteworthy, with Saint Martin who gives his cloak to the poor man, painted about halfway through the XVII century by Giovan Francesco Nagli, known as Centino.
But the real works of art are the two Crucifixes painted on moulded tablets: the first, which hangs in the presbytery, was done by an unknown artist from Rimini, in the first half of the 14th century (he is ccaled the "Maestro di Verucchio"), the second is the work of the Venetian Catarino (as far as the carpentry is concerned) and Nicolò di Pietro (for the pictorial part); both their signatures, which appear at the base of the cross, are dated 1404. The Collegiate church of Verucchio seems to have been seen as the "cathedral" by the average Valmarecchia.
Not accessible to disabled guests
how to get there:
situated in the hystorical centre
it can be reached by bus n. 160 from Rimini to Villa Verucchio and then bus n. 164
Buses and timetable
Opening hoursOpening period: open all year round
|from 08:00 to 19:00|