XVIII century. The collegiate church of Santarcangelo is one of the most important 18th century buildings in the whole territory of Rimini; built between 1744 and 1758 by Gian Francesco Buonamici, Chamber architect and architect of the cathedral of Ravenna, with its grandiose and refined interior similar to the Roman and Bolognese forms.
In the ample vessel of the apse there is a beautiful altarpiece depicting the protective saints of the village, the work of Giovan Gioseffo Dal Sole. In the discrete shadow of the lateral chapel, on the altars of various brotherhoods, ornated with 18th century antependiums in many-coloured scagliola, altarpieces of remarkable beauty are conserved (please note, among the others, the one of the second altar on the left, painted for the brotherhood of blacksmiths and carpenters by Guido Cagnacci in 1635). Another work of art is a Crucifix of the 14th-century Rimini School.
Accessible to disabled guests
how to get there:
situated in the centre of Santarcangelo;
it can be reached from Rimini by bus (Tram lines n. 9, 90,91)
Buses and timetable
Opening hoursOpening period: open all year round
|from 08:00 to 12:00||from 15:00 to 19:00|