Saint Blaise Church
It has been defined the cathedral of the whole Valconca Valley: it is the parish church of Saludecio, dedicated to Saint Blaise.
It was realised between 1794 and 1800 thanks to the courage and consistency of an illustrious local parish priest, Don Antonio Fronzoni, and to the enthusiasm for the "official" beatification (1776) of Amato Ronconi, venerated since XIV century as the protector of the village. This church, proclaimed as being "sanctuary" in 1930, has elegant, harmonious forms, fruit of an intelligent re-elaboration and rationalization of plans centred on the Baroque taste.
The author is Giuseppe Achilli from Cesena, whom with it has left his masterpiece, and perhaps the masterpiece of the whole late 18th century architecture of the territory too. The stuccowork of the church, disposed with much sobriety to enrich the architectural structure, was done by an extremely good Riminese plasterer called Antonio Trentanove, while the paintings are the work of some good artists from Romagna and Marche of the 17th and 18th centuries. Among these you can distinguish two splendid altarpieces by Guido Cagnacci figuring San Sisto Papa (Saint Sisto Pope) and La processione del Santissimo Sacramento (the procession of the saintly Sacrament). In the vestry, church furnishings, drapes and paintings from churches and oratories in Saludecio which were dissolved at the end of the 18th century, and various pieces of evidence which regard the culture of the Beato Amato (Blessed Amato) are collected.
Accessible to disabled guests.
How to get there:
line bus n. 124 from Rimini to Morciano
line bus n. 175,175 from Morciano to Saludecio
Buses and timetable
Opening hoursOpening period: open all year round
|from 08:00 to 18:00|