Lighthouse and canal port
On largo Boscovich stands the 18th century lighthouse that watches over the canal port, once a part of the outlet of the Marecchia river, which was deviated farther north in 1927.
The "palata" of the port is a favourite place among the locals fora a stroll; it is from here that the fishermen used to sail their boats to go fishing for "poveracce" (clams).
On the opposite side of the canal port are San Giuliano a Mare and the Marina di Rimini, the new marina inaugurated in 2002. The extension of the jetties, commenced in the 18th century, led to the expansion of the beach.
The seafront in the direction of Riccione is the main axis of seaside amenities, which have quickly filled all the remaining space between Rimini and Riccione.