Village of San Clemente
Recollections of the Malatesta era are still clearly visible in the urban fabric of San Clemente. As they have always done, the Malatesta walls enclose the heart of the old town centre and the complex known as Castelleale a few kilometres from the village.
The latter is a rare example that still exists in the Rimini area of a building that was both a large farm and a fortified villa and was built in 1388 by Leale Malatesta, Bishop of Rimini. Its partial destruction and the restoration work carried out in subsequent centuries have radically changed the original structure but to the expert eye, its medieval origins are still clear.
Piazza Mazzini: the only road through the old town leads here and the square is overlooked by the parish church, the town hall and the entrance gate to the Baroque municipal tower, with a plaque dedicated to the poet Giustiniano Villa, one of the fathers of local dialectal poetry.