right at the heart of Rimini's tourist area, with the Fellini Park and next to it the Grand Hotel. Rimini's first bathing establishment was opened here in 1843 by Counts Alessandro and Ruggiero Baldini and Claudio Tintori. The health aspect of sea bathing was developed by Paolo Mantegazza and Augusto Murri. A new bathing establishment was opened in 1872, and later it was called the Kursaal, and also hosted the Civic Casino. The layout of the entire city changed with the opening of the new road (now Viale Principe Amadeo) linking the centre with the seafront. In the 20th century Rimini became a resort for the wealthy, with the opening of the Grand Hotel in 1808, but the 1920's and 1930's saw the rise of popular family holidays, which developed into the present holiday industry in the post-war years.
how to get there:
motorway: exit Rimini sud, follow signs for Rimini mare
bus n. 11; bus stop n. 10